All Abilities Program
About All Abilities
Ferntree Gully location only
Kreationz All Abilities dance and movement classes are full of fun, fitness and friendship!
The All Abilities class stemmed from the experience of our Studio Manager (in her previous role as a Support Worker and Disability Case Manager), who noticed a lack of accessibility to dance classes for those with additional needs in the outer eastern suburbs. From there, the All Abilities program was created to provide every individual the chance to dance!
The aim of the program is to:
• Provide a class that meets the needs of keen dancers who require a little extra support.
• Encourage an active lifestyle, whilst assisting in improving movement skills.
• Develop coordination, flexibility and strength, as well as working on gross and fine motor skills.
• Provide a safe space where each student can be creative and free to express themselves, through different styles of dance.
• Provide a social setting in which students can share a common interest.
• Provide the opportunity for students to dream, sparkle and shine in the studio, outside of the studio, and on stage - with costumes and all! (Performances are optional).
Benefits of All Abilities
Dance is often overlooked as a therapy for individuals with additional needs. However, with the combination of movement, music, props, a safe space and nurturing teachers, it is the perfect activity for all ages!
Our classes are structured around the abilities of each student, which also means we are able to work with your child's current therapists and/or movement programs, if required.
Parents and carers are most welcome in the class. However, we do often find that as we work with your child towards dancing independently, it will give you a chance step back, and to connect with like-minded families at the studio.
Whilst we do offer this specialised program with small class sizes, students are also welcome to participate in our Mainstream classes, providing it is appropriate to do so.
Private or semi-private lessons are also an option if your child prefers more one-on-one fun.